Hearty pumpkin curry that combines the flavors of fall with those of Asia – this is the perfect dish to fill you up and keep you warm on a chilly night.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large onions (diced)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups pumpkin (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- Torn cilantro, (for garnish)
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice, (for serving (optional))
- Naan or your favorite flatbread, (for serving (optional))
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté the diced onions until they turn translucent (about 5 minutes). Add the minced garlic and stir until fragrant (around 30 seconds).
- Add the red curry paste and water and stir well until the paste has dissolved.
- Add the cubed pumpkin and then allow the mixture to simmer over low heat for the next 30 minutes, until tender. Be sure to stir occasionally so that the sauce doesn’t stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Squeeze in the fresh lime juice and mix well, then add salt to taste.
- Garnish with torn cilantro and serve with cooked basmati rice and naan.
Inspired by BBC Good Food
- Category: Autumn
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: fall, curry, Asian, pumpkin, healthy, vegan, vegetarian, autumn