This vegan soyrizo taco salad is the perfect blend of spicy, flavorful soyrizo mixed with black beans and tortilla chips. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal, but delicious enough to make for guests!
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 package (12 oz) soyrizo, gluten free if necessary*
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can black beans
- chopped romaine lettuce
- tortilla chips
- cilantro, chopped
- sour cream, optional
- cheese, or vegan cheezy shreds, optional
- Place the beans with their liquid in a small pot on the stove. Heat over medium-low heat until boiling.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown. Mix in the garlic and jalapeno and cook for another 30 seconds or so, until fragrant.
- Add the soyrizo and the can of tomatoes and mix well. Stir in 1 tsp oregano, lower the heat to medium-low, and let cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
- To serve, grab a handful of tortilla chips and crunch them up a bit as you place them on a plate. place a handful of romaine on top, then a couple spoonfuls of the soyrizo mixture. Next add some drained black beans, the top with salsa, cilantro, and the optional sour cream and cheese. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Nutritional informational calculated without option dairy ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: TexMex
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan / Vegetarian
Keywords: soyrizo, taco salad, texmex, vegan, vegetarian, easy, weeknight