Looking for a tasty fall treat? Try these acorn squash stuffed with autumn goodness. Apples and nuts just shout “harvest time.”
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 apples (peeled and chopped)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon ((or to taste))
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or vegan butter (softened)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut squash in half longways.
- Remove seeds and pulp.
- Pour ¼ cup water into a baking dish and add squash cut side down.
- Place baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, cranberries, walnuts, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool.
- Turn over the halves and stuff the center of each squash with the apple/cranberry mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until tender.
- Category: Autumn Foods
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: autumn, acorn squash, thanksgiving, fall, Christmas