If you made a vegan cake or cupcakes, but still need a tasty icing, make our 5-ingredient sweet and fluffy vegan vanilla frosting.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) vegan stick margarine, room temperature
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups vegan powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using the paddle attachment, mix the margarine in the bowl of a stand mixer until whipped.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar a little at a time, starting at a low speed and slowly increasing to high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the salt, milk, and vanilla until completely incorporated.
- The mixture should be thick, but still easy to spread. If it is too thick, add more non-dairy milk. If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Use immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to one week. When ready to use, let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, and re-whip with a stand mixer to make it light and fluffy again for decorating.
1 recipe can decorate 12 cupcakes, or 2 8-inch cake rounds.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Frosting
- Method: Mixer, No-Cook
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: frosting, icing, vegan, cake