Finally, a black bean patty that doesn’t fall apart. Made with pantry staples, you’ll have a healthy dinner ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 slices whole grain, sourdough, or gluten-free bread
- 1 15-ounce can black beans with no salt added, drained and rinsed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (for vegans, substitute 1 flax egg)
- ½ cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado or canola oil
- 4 whole wheat or gluten-free burger buns
- Toppings of choice
- Place bread slices in food processor and pulse until small crumbs form. Set aside.
- Add rinsed black beans to a medium-sized mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Add bread crumbs, beaten egg, onion, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Form mixture into 4 patties and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add patties. Cook for 4 minutes per side, or until browned on each side and heated through.
- Remove from pan. Place each patty on a bun and serve with toppings of choice.
- Category: Burgers
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: black bean, burger, vegetarian, meatless