Vegetable couscous with citrus vinaigrette is a burst of fresh flavor in a bowl. Colorful veggies, orange, lemon, and lime make this simple grain even more phenomenal.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 10 oz plain couscous
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced peeled carrots (about 5 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups sweet peas
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 large)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil over high heat in a large saucepan with a tightly fitting lid. Stir in couscous and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables. Cover and return to medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through, but not mushy.
- Add orange, lemon, and lime juice, vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Whisk together to combine. Continue to whisk constantly and pour olive oil in a steady stream to create and emulsion.
- Pour vinaigrette over couscous mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: couscous, pasta, vegetables, vegetarian, side dish, main dish