For a different take on tacos, this vegetarian grilled corn and green bean version with cilantro crema is going to completely blow your mind.
For the Vegetables:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 ears corn, husks removed
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ medium onion, sliced
For the Crema:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Small corn tortillas
- Sliced radishes
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 cup cooked white rice (optional)
- Preheat grill. Rub the ears of corn with half of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place corn on the grill. Cook until charred and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add green beans. Cook for about 5 minutes, then stir in onion and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the beans are crisp but cooked through and the onions have softened.
- To make the crema, stir together yogurt, olive oil, cheese, cilantro, cumin, honey, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, cut off the cobs and add to a large bowl. Add green beans and onions. Add crema and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately, in corn tortillas with sliced radishes and cilantro for garnish, and rice if you like.
Nutritional information below does not include suggested ingredients for serving.
- Category: Tacos
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: tacos, vegetarian, goat cheese, green beans, corn