For a fun spin on meat-free tacos, try these flavor-packed handhelds loaded with sauteed veggies, avocado mash, and spicy ginger slaw.
- 2 tablespoons plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (plus lime wedges for serving)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 pinch coarse salt, divided
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (green, red, or a combination of both)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups sliced sweet peppers (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups sliced broccoli florets (about 5 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup homemade or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, sour cream, 1 tablespoon of the ginger, 1 tablespoon of the garlic, honey, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the cabbage and toss until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli. Saute, tossing occasionally for about 2 minutes, and then add the remaining tablespoon of ginger and tablespoon of garlic with 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the red pepper flakes.
- Continue sauteing until the veggies are softened but crisp-tender, about 3 more minutes. Add the broth and cook until the liquid has evaporated, about 3-5 more minutes. Taste and season with additional salt if desired.
- Warm the tortillas on a flat-top grill or in a dry pan over medium heat (or hold them over an open flame on a gas grill) until lightly charred around the edges. Mash the avocado with a pinch of salt.
- To assemble the tacos, top each warm tortilla with even portions of the mashed avocado, veggies, and a heaping tablespoon of the slaw. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Vegetarian
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dinner
Keywords: taco, vegetarian, ginger, garlic, mushroom, broccoli, cabbage