Satisfy your junk food craving with a healthier option: baked butternut squash fries, paired with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash (about 2.5–3 lbs)
- Cooking oil spray
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Chop the ends off your butternut squash and peel it. Cut it in half and scoop out all the seeds; discard or save for roasting.
- Cut the flesh into wedges or sticks, whatever looks like french fries to you. Add the fries and oil to a large bowl, tossing to coat evenly. Place on the greased cookie sheet in a single, even layer, and sprinkle evenly with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through the baking process. The fries are done when they are browned on the edges and crispy.
- Serve with ketchup, or whatever dipping sauce you typically enjoy with potato or sweet potato fries.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Side Dishes
Keywords: butternut squash, oven fries, squash, healthy, fall