Filled with warm Indian spices, this grain-free cauliflower fried “rice” is a healthy way to get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 2/3 cup frozen green peas
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Place raw cashews in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Return the pan to medium-low heat. Add coconut flakes and toast for 1-2 minutes, or until edges are just lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Place coconut oil in skillet and increase heat to medium. Once oil has melted, add onion and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add ground black pepper, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, and salt. Stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in riced cauliflower, frozen peas, cashews, and coconut. Cook until peas and cauliflower are heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in lime juice. Serve immediately.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: cauliflower, fried rice, Indian cuisine, garam masala, coconut flakes, peas