Whenever you fire up the grill for your entree, be sure to make these grilled balsamic garlic mixed vegetables to go alongside it.
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large eggplant, ends trimmed, sliced lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices (about 10–12 oz)
- 1 pound yellow squash and zucchini, ends trimmed and sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and halved
- Preheat grill.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- When the grill is hot, brush the sauce all over your veggies before placing them on the grill. Grill for about 10-15 minutes, until they begin to brown and are fully cooked, turning them occasionally. Each time you turn the vegetables, be sure to brush them with more of the sauce.
- Remove from the grill. Slice the bell pepper into strips. Place all of the vegetables on a platter and serve.
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: balsamic vinegar, grill, garlic, basil, eggplant, pepper, squash