Crank up the oven and break out the broccolini. This oven-roasted side dish is swimming with sharp cheese, chili flakes, lemon, and dill.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small bunches broccolini (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon zest and juice, dill, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Place the broccolini in a large bowl and pour half of the olive oil and lemon juice mixture over the top. Toss to combine.
- Spread the dressed broccolini in an even layer onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with half of the pecorino.
- Bake until the florets and cut edges begin to crisp light and char, and the cheese turns golden brown, about 13-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice mixture, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: broccolini, dill, lemon, pecorino, red pepper flakes