When you’re in the mood for wilted garlicky greens, skip standard spinach and reach for some beautiful scarlet beet stems instead.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Stalks and greens of four fresh beets, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the garlic and cook until lightly golden, about 1 minute.
- A few handfuls at a time, add the beet greens and stalks, allowing them to wilt slightly before you add more. Continue adding in the greens and stalks, and a splash of water to help them cook down.
- Once you’ve added all of the greens and stalks, add the salt, and stir to combine. Saute until the greens are wilted and the stalks are tender, about 5-8 minutes. Season to taste with additional salt if necessary and serve warm.
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Side Dishes
Keywords: beet greens, garlic, side dish