The rich and deep flavor of sauteed mushrooms makes a fantastic addition to so many meals. Serve them on top of steak or alongside roast chicken.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces sliced button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add butter and oil. When the butter is melted, add mushrooms in a single layer, with a little room between each. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes, tossing them gently halfway through.
- Stir in soy sauce, thyme, and garlic. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the mushrooms are browned and the sauce has reduced slightly. Serve immediately.
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: mushroom, soy sauce, thyme