Bring tradition back to the breakfast table with these homestyle waffles. Golden and crispy yet crazy fluffy, they’re a no-brainer.
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 6 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- Freshly sliced fruit and maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry, and whisk to combine. Allow the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat the waffle iron and preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Spray the iron with nonstick cooking spray, and pour about 1/2 cup of the batter on the surface. Close the lid, and cook until the waffle is crisp and golden brown, about 4-5 minutes (or when the iron has almost stopped steaming). Place the cooked waffles directly onto the oven rack, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large mixing bowl, gently whip the butter until it’s light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and beat until well incorporated.
- Garnish the waffles with the cinnamon-brown sugar butter, freshly sliced fruit, and maple syrup.
- Category: Waffle
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: waffles, homestyle, breakfast, brunch