Add a boost of caffeine to your next happy hour with the best espresso martini. Our simple recipe only requires 5 ingredients.
For the Rimming Sugar:
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder
For the Cocktail:
- 1 fl oz espresso, chilled
- 2 fl oz vodka
- 1 1/2 fl oz Kahlua, or your favorite coffee-flavored liqueur
- Stir together sugar and instant espresso in a small bowl until combined. Pour mixture onto a small plate or saucer. Wet the rim of a martini glass, and rim with the espresso sugar. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in espresso, vodka, and coffee liqueur. Shake well, for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Strain into the rimmed martini glass and serve.
For a vanilla version, try vanilla-infused vodka. Yum!
Keywords: espresso, espresso martini, martini, coffee, cocktail