If you do a lot of baking, save yourself some time and skip a few steps with our recipe for an all-natural homemade yellow cake mix.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place sugar, all purpose flour, cake flour, milk powder, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a large food processor or a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Pulse/mix at low speed until well combined.
- Add butter and vanilla, and pulse/mix again at low speed until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Use right away, or place in an airtight container or bag and store in the fridge for up to 1 week, or the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: yellow cake mix, cake flour, cake, vanilla, butter