You can feel a little healthier about getting your fry fix when you whip up a batch of these batter-dipped avocado fries.
- 4 large, ripe large avocados
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (approx. 2 oz) grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 tsp salt + more for seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper + more for seasoning, divided
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Halve the avocados and remove pits. Scoop out flesh carefully, keeping it fully intact. Slice into wedges.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Beat the eggs in another shallow bowl. Stir together the breadcrumbs, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a third shallow bowl.
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering, but not smoking.
- Place an avocado wedge in the seasoned flour and coat evenly, then shake off the excess. Dip in egg, then breadcrumbs, thoroughly coating with each. Repeat with the rest of the avocado.
- Add 5-6 wedges to the hot oil and cook in batches. Flip after about 1 minute, when they’re browned on one side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with tzatziki sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: avocado fries, fried avocado, appetizer, snack