Baked ham and cheese sliders are the perfect appetizer for game day, and they’re a great way to use up holiday leftovers as well. You’re going to love this super simple and flavorful recipe.
- 12 Hawaiian slider rolls, or other small rolls
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 pound thick-sliced ham
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Slice each roll in half horizontally and place bottom halves on a baking sheet. Spread mayonnaise on the bottom half of each roll. Divide ham evenly between the rolls, cutting the pieces as needed to fit. Top with cheese, cutting the slices as needed to fit.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes, until onions are soft, stirring occasionally. Add Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and honey. Stir well and cook another 4 -5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Place tops on each slider. Spoon sauce evenly over top halves and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, until tops are lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Adapted from Everyday Annie.
- Category: Sliders
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Appetizer
Keywords: ham, cheese, slider