This Olive, Red Pepper, and Goat Cheese Crostini is a perfect appetizer any time of year.
- 1/2 cup sliced black ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2–3 sprigs thyme
- 1 large baguette
- basil olive oil or regular extra virgin olive oil
- Heat your oven or large convection toaster oven to 400°F.
- Roughly chop the red pepper slices and julienne the basil leaves. Using a high quality bread knife, slice the baguette on a 45° diagonal into 1/2″ slices.
- Spread a bit of goat cheese onto the slices of bread, then top with a few olives and some shopped red pepper. Top with a few pine nuts. Place on a baking sheet and repeat until all the bread is used.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, until the bread is just starting to turn golden on the edges.
- Top the baked crostini with some julienned basil, a few leaves of thyme, and a drizzle of basil olive oil. Serve and eat immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: crostini, black olives, red pepper, goat cheese, pine nuts, baguette