Need an updated spin on sliders? These humble handhelds with smoky sliced pork and spicy peach barbecue sauce will be your new go-to.
- 1 pound pork loin
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2–1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup peach preserves (or 12 ounces ripe fresh peaches, diced)
- 12 slider buns, split and lightly toasted
- 1 cup pickles (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rub the pork loin all over with the salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Sear the pork loin on all sides until golden brown. Transfer to a roasting pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chipotle pepper to the skillet and place over low heat. Saute until fragrant and lightly golden, about 30 seconds. Deglaze the pan with Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ketchup, vinegar, and peach preserves and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for several more minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool to room temperature. For a completely smooth sauce, pulse in a food processor or blender.
- Baste the pork with 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Return it to the oven for about 5-8 minutes, until fully cooked and the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove from oven. Allow the pork to rest for 5 minutes, and then thinly slice against the grain.
- To assemble the sliders, top the bottom half of each bun with a few slices of the pork, several pickles, a heaping spoonful of the sauce, and the top bun.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Slider
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Sandwiches
Keywords: sliders, barbecue, pork