Go tropical and make the best Hawaiian grilled chicken. It’s an easy dinner dish that’s tangy and sweet, featuring simple ingredients.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or tamari for a gluten-free option)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Place all ingredients in a large zip-top bag. Seal and turn the chicken to coat well. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill on high. Place chicken on the hot grill, and discard the bag and marinade.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve immediately, with pineapple, white rice, and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes or jalapeno, lime wedges, and chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Barbecue and Grill
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Entree
Keywords: chicken, grill, summer, pineapple, Hawaiian