These tasty lamb and veggie kabobs make for an easy weeknight meal, or a tasty way to make a lot of food for a cookout.
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Kabobs:
- 2 lbs lamb meat, cubed
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into thick slices
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thick slices
- 16 oz package Bella mushrooms
- 3 large purple onions, divided into eighths
- 16 oz package of large cherry or plum tomatoes
Prepare the Lamb:
- Cube the lamb into chunks and place into a lidded bowl.
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade, pour over the meat, and cover.
- Refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
Prepare and Grill the Kabobs:
- Prepare your coals if you are cooking over charcoal. You want them covered with a white ash coating prior to grilling, to prevent any off flavors.
- Make your skewers by alternating the veggies and meat cubes until you’ve used up all of the ingredients, or run out of skewers. Drizzle some of the marinade over the top of the completed skewers so that the veggies receive some of the olive oil as a protective coating.
- Place the skewers over medium direct heat (over the coals). Grill for 8-10 minutes, until the center of the meat hits 140-145°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Rotate the kabobs occasionally until done.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Grilled Food
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Barbecue
Keywords: kabobs, lamb, balsamic, veggies