Carne asada is all you need to make tonight’s dinner a real standout during a busy week. The marinated and grilled meat boasts intense flavor.
- 2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion (about 1/4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- Place flank steak into a gallon-size resealable bag.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Pour over the steak. Close bag and shake well to distribute. Place in refrigerator, flat side down. Refrigerate 1-3 hours, turning once to redistribute the marinade.
- Heat grill and place steak in center. Grill until you get a nice sear on all sides, about 5 minutes per side, depending on the temperature of your grill. You are looking for somewhere between 130-135˚F for medium rare, 135-145˚F for medium on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove from grill and allow meat to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice into strips, against the grain.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: carne asada, mexican, cinco de mayo, beef, steak, grill