Cutting gluten from your diet? You don’t need to miss out on your favorite foods. Try our no-fuss gluten-free meatloaf for the comfort food you crave.
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef (80-93% lean)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs (or gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup finely minced onions
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can mixed vegetables, rinsed, drained, and finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking oil spray. You can also use a standard size loaf pan lined with foil and sprayed with oil.
- Place the ground beef, breadcrumbs or oats, 1/4 cup ketchup, minced onions, egg, salt, pepper, and canned vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Mix together with your hands until well combined.
- Place the ground beef mixture on the prepared baking sheet and form it into a loaf shape, or place into the loaf pan, press it into the corners, and smooth the top.
- Spread the remaining ketchup evenly on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes on a baking sheet, or until meatloaf is cooked through (160˚F) and is no longer pink inside. If you are using a loaf pan, bake for 45 minutes, and continue to bake in 10-minute increments until it’s cooked through.
- Remove from the oven. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
Keywords: meatloaf, gluten-free