A delicious and easy recipe for no-knead Italian breadsticks. Perfect for a party, a gathering, or just for dinner. These super versatile and are a great complement to pasta, lasagna, or soup!
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter (substitute a non-dairy spread for vegan-friendliness if desired)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dry Italian herbs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Combine the flours in a large bowl. Mix in the salt, then separately mix in the yeast and sugar. Pour the warm water and the olive oil into the bowl and mix everything together using a dough whisk or a large spoon. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm spot for about 90 minutes, or until the dough has become very puffy and about doubled in size.
- Heat the oven to 375ºF. Cover a baking sheet with parchment, then sprinkle with a bit of semolina flour.
- Lightly flour a large wooden cutting board or a pastry board and scrape the dough out of the bowl and onto the board. Give it just a few kneads to bring it together. Let the dough relax for about 10 minutes, then roll it out into an 8×12″ rectangle.
- Melt the butter, then use a pastry brush to distribute it evenly across the surface of the dough. Sprinkle the garlic powder and the Italian herbs over the surface. Cut the dough into 1″ wide strips and roll into twists, as shown.
- Place the twists on the semolina-sprinkled baking sheet about 1 1/2″ apart. Bake 25-30 minutes, rotating halfway through, until golden brown. Serve immediately with some warm marinara sauce. Enjoy!
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: breadsticks, Italian, no-knead