You can’t go wrong with these tasty jelly-filled doughnuts, and the filling options are endless. Got fresh fruit jam or tasty preserves? What about a thick chocolate pudding? Best of all is vanilla custard, topped with chocolate ganache for an iconic Boston Cream experience.
- 1 batch brioche dough, (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 liter vegetable oil
- Filling of your choice: jelly (jam, fruit preserves, custard)
- Powdered sugar
- Cut the brioche dough into two-ounce pieces and shape into rounds. Place on a generously floured tray and let proof at room temperature until the dough slowly springs back into place when touched lightly.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 1/2 inches of oil to 375°F. Carefully place 6 of the doughnuts in the fry oil, let it sit for 3 minutes, then turn over. Fry for 3 minutes on the other side, then remove and drain on a paper towel. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled, use a paring knife to slice a hole in 2/3 deep into the side of each one. Using a piping bag with a medium tip, pipe in one ounce of filling.
- Dust with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
- Category: Doughnuts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: doughnuts, breakfast, jelly-filled, berliner