Coconut almond chia seed granola has plenty of crunch and flavor. It’s gluten-free, vegan, and perfect to munch on at any time of day.
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegan granulated sugar
- Heat your oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine oats, oat flour, salt, coconut, chia seeds, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Add the maple syrup and granulated sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry mixture. Stir together until completely incorporated. This takes a few minutes of stirring. Make sure there are no dry spots.
- Dump the mixture onto the prepared sheet pan. Press down firmly with the back of a large spoon or a spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir the granola. Use the back of a large spoon or spatula to press it down firmly again. Return to the oven and bake for 6-8 more minutes, until it begins to brown on the edges. Keep an eye out – it’ll burn quickly!
- Remove the granola from the oven and stir again, then press down again. Let cool completely – it’ll crisp up as it cools. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Category: Granola
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: granola, super food, coconut, almond, chia seed, maple syrup, breakfast, snack