- 1 10-count can refrigerated buttermilk round biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 10 large marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and place one rack in the center of the oven. Line 10 cups in a muffin tin with cupcake liners and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, parchment paper, or aluminum foil.
- Open the can, separate the pieces of biscuit dough and place them on a large cutting board. Flatten each portion of dough into an evenly shaped disc with a rolling pin until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll and lightly coat one marshmallow in the melted butter, then roll and lightly coat the marshmallow in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the coated marshmallow in the middle of one of the dough discs. Using your hands, stretch and wrap the biscuit dough around the marshmallow, tightly pinching the dough together at the top to fully cover the marshmallow. None of the marshmallow should be left exposed.
- Gently roll on the cutting board to seal the dough.
- Dip the smooth top of the roll in the butter, then dip it in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place in a lined section of the muffin pan, with the seam side facing down and the smooth, coated top facing up.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and marshmallows.
- Transfer the muffin pan to the center rack in the oven. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the rolls are lightly golden brown. Melted marshmallow may start seeping out of some of the biscuits.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven and allow the rolls to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing from the cupcake liners and transferring to a cooling rack to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Serve while they’re still slightly warm, using a serrated knife to slice through the middle of each one to reveal the empty space inside.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Biscuits
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: empty, tomb, rolls, biscuits, marshmallows, butter, cinnamon