Tossed with maple syrup and studded with dried apricots, this nutty cardamom granola is perfectly crunchy and filled with warm flavors.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone pan liner.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, coconut, maple syrup, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove granola from oven and allow to cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in dried apricots. Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
- Category: Granola
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: granola, oats, apricot, cardamom, breakfast