Infuse a little fall fun into your flapjacks this morning with our delicious recipe for fluffy pumpkin spice pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons canned pure pumpkin puree ((or an equal amount of fresh puree))
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter (cooled slightly )
- 1 large egg
- vegetable oil (for greasing the pan )
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, butter, and egg.
- Add the combined dry ingredients into the liquid mixture. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a heavy skillet or griddle on medium heat. When hot, lightly grease with vegetable oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake on the prepared skillet. Cook approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until the pancake has risen and the sides are a golden-brown color.
- Serve with your favorite breakfast accompaniments!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin pie spice, pancakes, autumn, breakfast, fall