Now introducing the savory star of your next brunch: cheddar cheese quiche with leeks, artichokes, and red peppers.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch tart pan, or 9-inch pie pan. Using a rolling pin, roll out the crust so it is about an inch bigger than the pan. Transfer the crust into the pan, gently pressing down on the bottom and the sides. Remove any excess dough from the edges, and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place a sheet of parchment over the frozen pie crust, then fill with pie weights. Blind bake for 10 minutes, then remove the pie weights. Set aside to cool.
- Using a sharp petty knife, slice the leek into 1/4-inch rounds. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and leeks. Cook, stirring often, until the leeks are soft and browned in some spots. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs in a large bowl. Add the cooked leeks, milk, artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, salt, and about 2/3 of the cheese. Mix to combine.
- Pour the egg filling into the cooled pie crust. Top with the remaining 1/3 cup cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden on top and mostly firm in the middle. There should be just a slight jiggle when you shake it.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the tart pan and serving.
- Category: Quiche
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: quiche, breakfast, brunch, vegetarian, leeks, roasted red peppers, eggs, artichokes, cheese