Sourdough banana bread French toast is exactly what it sounds like. It’s the most tasty breakfast, made from any leftover banana bread you have on hand.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw goat’s milk (or whatever milk you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1–2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 4 slices sourdough banana nut bread
- In a small, shallow baking pan, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom until combined.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip bread in the egg mixture one slice at a time, covering both sides.
- Place each slice into the skillet, and cook in batches of two at a time until the bread is golden on both sides, flipping halfway through. This will take about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with the remaining bread.
- Top as desired with fresh fruit and maple syrup, and serve immediately.
- Category: French Toast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: French toast, banana bread, sourdough