Pumpkin cake with spiced buttercream frosting is the ideal fall dessert. You’re going to love this moist and satisfying seasonal treat.
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups homemade or canned 100% pure pumpkin puree
For the Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, lightly beat eggs with the whisk attachment on medium-low speed.
- Add sugar, coconut oil, and pumpkin, mixing together until combined on medium speed with the paddle attachment. Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture, beating until combined well on medium speed.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. You’ll know the cake is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. Once it is light and fluffy, add pumpkin spice and beat on medium speed until combined. Frost as desired once it’s completely cooled.
Nutritional information calculated below is for the cake only (does not include icing).
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: fall, autumn, pumpkin, cake, buttercream frosting