Is sweet and salty your favorite flavor duo? If so, you’ll go nuts for these buttery, crisp Chocolate Almond Toffee Matzo Crunchies.
- 1 stick unsalted butter (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
- About 3 1/2 sheets lightly salted matzo
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon large flaked salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepot over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar together. Whisk frequently until the mixture has thickened and turned a light caramel color.
- Spray a large rimmed baking sheet, about 17 by 13 inches, with nonstick cooking spray. Breaking up a few pieces if you need to, arrange the matzo in a single layer.
- Pour the butter and brown sugar mixture over the matzo, and spread with a spatula so that it saturates every piece. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Put the pan back in the oven until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Use a spatula to spread the chocolate over the matzo. Sprinkle with the almonds and salt, and then allow the “toffee” to cool completely.
- Break it up into pieces and serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Candy
- Method: Stovetop, Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: Passover, chocolate-covered matzo, toffee, almond, chocolate