The easiest and most delicious oven-dried tomatoes recipe ever – made in your own oven at home!
- 1 lb cherry or grape tomatoes (or more)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or more, to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (or more, to taste)
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse the tomatoes well in a colander, then cut them in half lengthwise through the stem end. Place in rows without any overlap on the baking sheet, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. This isn’t an exact measurement for the spices; just make sure each tomato gets a little love.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook for about 2 hours, rotating halfway through, until shriveled but not blackened at all. If you notice any starting to burn, immediately remove the smaller ones that are already done from the pan, and continue cooking the rest.
- Allow to cool on the pan, then transfer to a jar. Pour in olive oil until it just covers the tomatoes. Store in the refrigerator.
Tomatoes can also be stored without the additional oil, in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours