A delicious veggie lasagna with 3 cheeses: ricotta, Pecorino Romano, and mozzarella. Filled with mushrooms and broccoli sauteed in a bit of red wine. Satisfy those cheese cravings!
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 3/4 cup shredded Pecorino Romano, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- pinch salt
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch (6 oz) broccoli/broccolini/broccolette, cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp red wine
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Grease an 7×9″ baking dish.
- Mix the ricotta, 1/2 cup of the shredded Pecorino Romano, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella together in a medium bowl. Add the chives and salt, and stir until combined.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the noodles and cook according to package directions. Heat the oven to 350ºF.
- While the noodles cook, place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and let it warm up, then add the broccoli and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms start to release their moisture, then add the red wine. Continue to cook until the wine has evaporated, then remove from heat.
- To make the lasagna, lay two noodles down in the bottom of the dish lengthwise. Spoon 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles, and spread out with the back of a spoon. Add 1/2 of the veggies, then top with 1/3 of the marinara sauce. Repeat, laying the noodles cross-wise this time instead of length-wise. Finish off with a layer of noodles, the cheese mixture, marinara sauce (i.e. skip the veggies), and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of Pecorino Romano and 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Cover with foil, then bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese starts to brown and the filling is bubbling. If necessary, broil for just 1 or 2 minutes to brown the cheese on top.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: lasagna, meatless, vegetarian, mushrooms, broccoli