Sweetened simply with dark maple syrup and ripe bananas, these coconut chocolate buckwheat cookies are full of wholesome ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing baking sheet (optional)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 1/2 large)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled if solid at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup Grade A Dark maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 3.2-ounce bar dark chocolate, chopped (preferably 70%+ dark)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease two baking sheets with butter, or line with silicone mats.
- In a medium bowl, fold together the mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, coconut, and salt.
- Add banana mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fold chopped chocolate into dough until fully incorporated.
- Using a spoon or small ice cream scoop, portion 18 balls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges begin to crisp. Rotate the sheet pans halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: cookie, buckwheat flour, chocolate, banana, coconut