Brighten up your week with a vegan cherry chocolate chunk cookie. Like your favorite candy, in the form of a soft and delicious baked good.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 6 Tbsp water, room temp
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut oil, water, almond butter, and vanilla. Whisk together until well combined.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate and dried cherries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour. Or, refrigerate for up to 24 hours, then allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before portioning the dough.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Make balls of dough, about 3 tablespoons each, and place on the prepared sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time in the middle of the oven for about 12-14 minutes, until the edges are set and golden brown.
- Let cool completely on the cookie sheet.
- Store at room temperature in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Adapted from Not Without Salt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: vegan desserts, vegan, chocolate chip, cherry, cookie