When you want to kick back with a cup of tea and the ideal treat, it’s time to break out the best flourless almond thumbprint cookies. Get the recipe now.
- 2 3/4 cups + 1 Tbsp almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup seedless jam
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Add the almond meal, butter, ¾ cup sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt to a food processor and process until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Gently roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place on the cookie sheets at least two inches apart.
- Make a “thumbprint” in the middle of each cookie and fill with about 1/2-1 teaspoon of jam. Do not overfill!
- Bake in the top half of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are starting to brown.
- Place remaining granulated sugar on a small plate or saucer.
- Remove trays from the oven and let cool slightly. After about 5 minutes, roll each cookie in the granulated sugar. Transfer to a cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: holiday baking, Christmas, cookie, gluten free, almond