Can you make a beautiful dessert with just a few simple ingredients? It’s certainly possible with these easy lace cookies.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, gently packed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces melted chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line three half-size baking sheets with one silicone mat or parchment paper each.
- Whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in the egg and vanilla until completely combined.
- With a spoon or spatula, mix in the oats, flour, salt, and baking powder until completely combined. The mixture will resemble a thick yet soft and slightly runny batter.
- Using a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out the batter and place 8 portions on a single baking sheet, leaving about 3 inches of space between each portion. Repeat with the remaining batter and baking sheets.
- Working in batches if necessary, transfer the baking sheets to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. The batter will spread significantly into thin rounds, and the edges will be a deep golden-brown color with slightly pale centers. If the cookies still look very pale, continue baking for an additional 2-5 minutes.
- Immediately remove the baking sheets from the oven. Allow the cookies to completely cool undisturbed on the baking sheets, about one hour.
- Using a small offset spatula, carefully remove each cookie from the silicone mat or parchment paper and serve.
- If using the melted chocolate, drizzle the tops of the cookies or create sandwiches. Allow the chocolate to harden completely before serving.
- To store lace cookies, gently place them on top of one another in an airtight container. Store them for up to one week at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: lace, cookie, oat