Studded with sweet chocolate chips, these moist chickpea blondies are a healthy, protein-packed dessert that will melt in your mouth.
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line an 8-by-8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chickpea flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, arrowroot starch, coconut sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Add the water, coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla extract to a separate large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Adding gradually in three additions, fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake until the blondies are set but still slightly soft and a toothpick comes out mostly clean with a few crumbs attached, about 25-35 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan for about 30 minutes before lifting the parchment paper to remove the blondies. Slice into even squares or rectangles.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Blondies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: chickpea, garbanzo bean, flour, blondies, chocolate chip, gluten-free