The dish you always thought of as savory now goes sweet with our double-decker cream cheese, raspberry, and pineapple dessert quesadilla.
- 3 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 Tbsp crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 Tbsp raspberry jam (or strawberry jam)
- 3 oz fresh raspberries (or 4 medium strawberries)
- 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp honey
- Spread cream cheese evenly over two of the tortillas.
- Add crushed pineapple on top of one of these tortillas and spread to edges.
- Place the other cream cheese-coated tortilla on top of the pineapple, with the cream cheese side down. Spread the jam on top of this tortilla.
- Using a cutting board and a sharp knife, chop the berries into small pieces. Place them on top of the jam. Cover with the third tortilla.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and melt the butter. Once melted, add quesadilla and cook until browned on the bottom, about 1-2 minutes.
- Very carefully flip the quesadilla, then cook again until browned on the bottom. Transfer to a cutting board. Carefully cut into quarters.
- Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with honey.
Adapted from a recipe originally written by Sophie Schuman.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Quesadilla
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: quesadilla, dessert quesadilla, fruit, cream cheese, raspberry, pineapple