Summertime is the best season to bust out our incredibly easy peach crisp. It’s warm and comforting, with lots of tart and tangy flavor.
For the Filling:
- 6 cups sliced fresh peaches (approx. 18–30 whole), or 3 15-oz cans sliced peaches in 100% fruit juice
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Position rack in the middle of the oven.
- Drain fruit and place in a large mixing bowl with cinnamon and flour. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Place flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine. Add butter to flour mixture. Use your fingers to work the butter into the mixture until it is crumbly and well combined. Set aside.
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons of the topping in the bottom of an 8-by-8-inch baking dish, and spread to form an even layer. Add fruit mixture and spread evenly to fill the pan. Cover evenly with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool slightly in the pan before serving. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
- Category: Fruit Crisp
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: peach crisp, peaches, stone fruit, cinnamon