Get your chocolate fix with homemade frozen chocolate banana bites. With only three ingredients, this is the easiest snack you’ll ever make.
- 3–4 medium-sized ripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Slice bananas into 1/2-inch pieces. Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper or waxed paper to prevent sticking. Arrange banana slices flat on baking sheet without touching, and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted. Or, melt on the stove in a double boiler.
- Stir in the coconut oil.
- Place one banana slice on a fork and dip into the chocolate. I like to keep the slice on the fork and submerge it, then lift it out to let any excess chocolate drain through the fork tongs.
- You can also use a spoon to coat the banana on a tray if that works best for you. Just be sure to chill and then flip to coat the other side of the slices if you use the tray method.
- Place coated slice back on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat with the remaining slices. Place baking sheet back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe storage container and store for up to 3 weeks.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: Frozen Desserts
Keywords: chocolate covered banana, frozen chocolate banana, banana bites