An unsung hero of the frozen dessert world, Italian stracciatella ice milk is a dark chocolate studded treat that’s surprisingly easy to make.
- Combine milk, corn syrup, and heavy cream in a large saucepan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, gelatin and coffee creamer.
- Whisk dry ingredient mixture into wet mixture. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly over medium heat.
- Remove immediately from heat and transfer to a lidded container to cool. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. While it is churning, melt the chocolate. Drizzle into the machine in the last few minutes of churning.
- Add mixture to a metal loaf pan and freeze until firm. Defrost for 10 to 15 minutes before scooping.
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: ice milk, stracciatella, frozen dessert, chocolate