Diving into layers of the best strawberry yogurt parfait is a tangy, sweet, and citrusy experience that’s truly unforgettable.
For the Coulis:
For the Parfaits:
To Make the Coulis:
- Place the water and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat for a few minutes, until the sugar has completely dissolved and the simple syrup has begun to thicken.
- Add the chopped strawberries and cook for 3-5 minutes, until softened.
- Transfer to a food processor or high-speed blender. Allow to cool slightly, add the lemon juice, then puree. This can also be done in the pot with an immersion blender.
- For an extra smooth sauce, press through a fine mesh strainer or chinois. Transfer to a lidded container, and chill completely in the refrigerator before using.
To Assemble the Parfaits:
- Place the cookies in a zip-top plastic bag, and use a glass to crush into large crumbs.
- Add approximately 2 ounces of yogurt to the bottom of two mason jars, parfait dishes, or stemless wine glasses. Top with a layer of strawberry coulis. Top this with a layer of crushed lemon cornmeal cookies, and then a layer of thinly sliced strawberries.
- Repeat until you reach the top. Finish with a thin layer of yogurt and drizzle the top of each with 1/2 teaspoon of honey. Garnish with a whole cookie or two, a sprig of mint, and a sliced strawberry. Whole cookies can also be served on the side for dipping.
- Category: Parfaits
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: strawberry sauce, yogurt parfait, dessert parfait