Make your next seafood meal a homemade affair with these easy sushi bowls, featuring DIY sriracha mayonnaise. The recipe is also fantastic for meal prep.
For the Seasoned Rice:
- 3 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Spicy Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sriracha, plus more to taste
For the Bowls:
- 1 pound cooked shrimp or raw fish, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced pickled ginger
- 1 cup steamed edamame, removed from pods
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, green parts only
- Furikake, for serving (or coarse salt, toasted sesame seeds, and shredded dried nori)
- Soy sauce, for serving
- Cook the sushi rice, either on the stove, in the electric pressure cooker, or in a rice cooker.
- Warm up the vinegar and stir in the salt and sugar until they dissolve. Toss rice with the seasoned vinegar in a medium-sized bowl, while it is still warm. Allow to cool completely, then divide evenly between 4 bowls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sriracha mayonnaise. Taste and add more sriracha if you want it to be spicier.
- Add cooked shrimp or raw fish to a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on top of the rice, distributing it evenly between the bowls.
- Arrange avocado, pickled ginger, and edamame on top of the rice, next to the shrimp or fish.
- Sprinkle the bowls with sliced green onion. Garnish with furikake or your choice of coarse salt, sesame seeds, and seaweed according to taste. Drizzle with spicy mayonnaise and serve with soy sauce to taste.
Serve immediately and always follow food safety guidelines if preparing raw fish.
- Category: Sushi
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: sushi, bowl, rice, shrimp, fish, avocado, seafood