You don’t have to be on a grain-free diet to enjoy this granola. Rich in nutrients, it’s sweetened with sorghum and makes for a perfect breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened or melted (or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup sorghum syrup (or honey or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and cover a half-sheet rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add pumpkin seeds, pecans, almonds, coconut, and sunflower seeds to a food processor. Pulse 2-3 times, or until ingredients are roughly chopped and combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add vanilla, cinnamon, coconut oil, and sorghum syrup. Stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden and firm, using a spatula to toss the mixture halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before breaking into pieces.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- Category: Granola
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: grain-free, granola, sorghum syrup