Love cheesecake, but struggle making it at home? Scale down the size with our easy gluten-free cheesecake bites covered in chocolate. Read more now.
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup raw slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the Cheesecakes:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 24-cup mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners and set aside.
- Add the slivered almonds to a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Toast, stirring often, until fragrant and the almonds begin to brown, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from heat, and let them cool.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the toasted almonds, oats, sugar, ground flax seed, and salt. Pulse for just a couple seconds until the mixture is finely ground.
- Add the melted butter to the food processor. Process until the mixture begins to stick together, about 1 minute.
- Drop about 1 teaspoon of the mixture in the bottom of each cup of the muffin pan. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the cup to create a crust.* Set aside.
For the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the sour cream and vanilla until incorporated. Beat in the egg until just combined.
- Divide cream cheese mixture among the muffin cups, filling close to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until tops are puffed and just about set, but with a slightly wet and jiggly center. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Place cheesecakes on a cooling rack and let cool completely at room temperature. Once cooled, refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
For the Garnish:
- Melt chocolate in the microwave. Using a spoon or piping bag, garnish the tops of each cheesecake with a thin dollop of melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate sets. Serve and enjoy!
*Optional: The remaining crust mixture can be used as a garnish. Spread it out on a baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 350°F for 5-8 minutes, until toasted slightly. Cool and sprinkle on top of the chocolate.
- Category: Cheesecake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: gluten-free, cheesecake, mini, bite-sized, chocolate, almond